These 20 vegetarian dinner ideas are simple, delicious and all ones I have personally tried. And when you find a winner of a recipe, you want to tell the world about it!
Ever since my boys became vegetarians, I get asked all the time ‘what do vegetarians eat?’ or ‘what do you cook?’ or ‘what do YOU eat for dinner?’ When they first shared they were going to try going vegetarian for a week, I honestly thought it wouldn’t last. And then the week turned into a month. The month turned into six months. We’re now currently at over a year and a half and they are still vegetarians.
I will say this year and a half hasn’t been easy when it comes to preparing meals and meal planning in general. My husband and I still eat meat (although I’m playing around with the idea of becoming a pescatarian because, well I love fish so so much), so trying to prepare dinner for meat eaters and vegetarians have been tricky.
But I’ve got the hang of it now and let me just say my meat bill has gone down. I rarely cook or serve meat anymore and to quote my husband “I don’t even notice”. I have found so many amazing vegetarian dinner ideas. Eating and cooking vegetables have never been so much fun! Our healthy eating habits have gone through the roof and that is a great feeling.
This is recipe #6 – Easy Skillet Vegetable Lasagna. It’s now a family favorite. So, so good!
20 Vegetarian Dinner Ideas
Whether you’re looking for vegetarian recipes for kids or some easy ones to prepare for yourself, I think you’ll enjoy most (if not all) of these recommendations. (Side note: some of these recipes call for chicken stock. I just substituted vegetable stock and it worked out perfectly.)
- Creamy Spinach and Cheese Green Chile Enchiladas | Two Peas & Their Pod (This is in my top five favorites.)
- Lemon Garlic Orzo with Roasted Vegetables | Vanilla and Bean
- Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili | Aberdeen’s Kitchen
- Rainbow Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry | Chef Savvy
- Slow Cooker Potato Corn Chowder | Damn Delicious
- Easy Skillet Vegetable Lasagna | Two Peas & Their Pod (Again, in my top five favorites – I love this blog!)
- Chipotle Black Bean Tortilla Soup | Minimalist Baker (Freaking amazing!)
- Vegetarian Pasta Fagioli | Cilantro & Citronella
- Instant Pot Minestrone Soup | Don’t Mess with Mama (One of our faves! I highly recommend it with pesto.)
- Veggie Fajita Salad | Mom Fabulous (Oh hey! That’s me.)
- Vegetarian Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers | Build Your Bite
- Super Easy Pepper, Broccoli and Whole Mushroom Stir Fry | Mom Fabulous (Me again)
- Veggie Black Bean Enchiladas | Cookie and Kate
- Skinny Lasagna Rolls | Tabler Party of Two
- Oven Roasted Summer Vegetable Linguine | Buitoni
- Easy Lo Mein | Damn Delicious
- Spinach & Artichoke Quesadillas | Domestic Superhero
- Mexican Rice Recipe | Mom Fabulous (We use this rice recipe as taco fillers)
- Broccoli and Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes | Baker By Nature
- Creamy Mozzarella Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Spinach Tortellini | Julia’s Album
Do you have any vegetarians in your family? If so, what are your favorite vegetarian dinner ideas? I’m always up for adding to my recipe collection.