I love awards show season, don’t you? Last night we tuned into the Grammy’s and it was an amazing night of tributes, performances, winners and of course — fashion and hair. The kind folks at John Frieda put together this how to on Hollywood Glamour; specifically how celebrity hairstylist Nikki Providence created Tori Kelly‘s old Hollywood style look.
For all of you ladies with naturally curly hair like me, you’re going to love this how-to!
THE LOOK: A modern interpretation of old Hollywood style
INSPIRATION: Celebrity hairstylist Nikki Providence was inspired by Kelly’s one shoulder green dress. “I wanted to let her natural texture shine through a classic pincurl set,” she said.
How To Get The Look:
- Nikki started with clean wet hair, and prepped the roots with John Frieda Frizz Ease® Curl Reviver Mousse and sprayed 12 sprays of the John Frieda Frizz Ease® Go Curlier™ Heat-Activated Spray throughout the hair.
- Then she used a wide-tooth comb to shape the front and sides into sculpted waves, clipping each section into position.
- She twisted the remainder of the hair in 2-inch sections and dried her with a diffuser before taking the clips out.
- Nikki used her hands to smooth and sculpt the final shape, applying a thin coat of John Frieda Frizz Ease® Secret Weapon® Touch-Up Crème on her hands to make sure her fingers glided over the hair for a final touch of smoothness.
- Then she used a 3/4 inch curling iron to touch up any areas that needed extra hold or curl.
- She finished off the look with John Frieda Frizz Ease® KeraFLEX™ Flexible Hold Hairspray.
I love how she went old Hollywood glamour and the fact that they got this look by using her natural curls. It turned out absolutely stunning! Do you have naturally curly hair? Have you been embracing it?
For more hairstyle how-to’s and ideas, check out our Fabulous Hair section!