Want to capture the attention of your man on Valentine’s Day? Look like yourself…with radiant skin, soft lips, and touchable hair.
Culture has hyped this romantic holiday to be about perfection. But chances are high that your loves desires you for who you are. Instead of new clothes, new makeup, and a new hairstyle, refresh your existing self.
Try these 5 beauty tips for Valentines Day: exfoliate your lips, apply a face mask, moisturize your body, opt for a simple hair style, and top off your romantic vibes with a spritz of perfume.
Valentine’s Day Beauty Tip #1: Exfoliate your lips
Most couples plan to do a little bit of kissing on Valentine’s Day. If that includes you, be sure to have sensually soft lips. Exfoliate your lips the night before Valentine’s Day, then keep your lips well-hydrated before your date.
If you want to purchase a lip exfoliant, try:
On a tight budget? Make a homemade lip exfoliant instead.
- Stir to combine 1 teaspoon of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of honey. It will be thick, rich mixture.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of packed brown sugar. Thoroughly incorporate until the mixture is a paste.
- Gently rub the mixture across your lips in a circular motion for one minute. Allow to sit on your lips for one additional minute.
- Rinse off with water.
- Immediately apply lip balm. (We recommend Burt’s Bees or Jane Iredale Lip Drink.)
Valentine’s Day Beauty Tip #2: Apply a face mask
Soft skin illuminates your natural beauty and is 100% kissable. A face mask offers multiple purposes: it cleanses and moisturizes and softens your skin.
The evening before Valentine’s Day (either before or after you exfoliate your lips), apply a face mask. First, cleanse your skin with a mild soap and warm (not hot) water. Pat dry, and immediately apply a face mask. Follow the directions on the label; most stay on for approximately 10 minutes before you rinse with warm water. Always apply a face lotion after a face mask to lock in the moisture!
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1½ tsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Thoroughly combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. If your mixture is too thick, add another dash of olive oil. If your mixture is too runny, add a dash of baking soda.
- Gently rub onto face, avoiding your eyes.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes. It will harden as it sits.
- Gently wash off with warm water and pat your skin dry with a towel.
Valentine’s Day Beauty Tip #3: Moisturize your body
If your lover kisses your soft lips and strokes your soft cheeks, chances are they he may also feel your hands and legs. Fully prepare for the romantic moment by moisturizing your entire body.
While in the shower, use a loofah with soap to wash your body. This will not only clean your skin, but it will also schluff off dead skin cells – leaving your skin smooth, soft, and touchable.
After you dry off, immediately moisturize your entire body. For best results, take a shower right before bed on February 13, apply moisturizer, and allow it to absorb into your skin as you sleep.
If you want an extra glow on your romantic date, make a homemade self-tanning body lotion.
- Soften the coconut oil in the microwave.
- Stir in the cocoa powder until combined.
- Rub into your body one teaspoon at a time, thoroughly rubbing in around your joints to prevent streaking.
Valentine’s Day Beauty Tip #4: Opt for a simple hair style
Simple hair is not usually a beauty tip, but it is for Valentine’s Day. Don’t go overboard on the fancy up-do. And don’t use an entire can of hairspray. What man wants to touch crunchy hair?
Instead, style your hair with a simple, natural look – and one that is easy to fix if it gets messed up. A sleek ponytail, a sophisticated messy bun, or your bangs swept to the side with a simple bobby pin are classic looks.
Valentine’s Day Beauty Tip #5: Spritz perfume in the right places
- Neck and cleavage
- In your hair
Don’t forget to add a light spritz to your clothes, which helps the scent last longer.
Bonus Valentine’s Day Beauty Tip: Wear your favorites
Which outfit prompts your love comment on your beauty? What color makes him do a double take? What dress reminds your partner of a special occasion? Which type of makeup or hairstyle causes him to gaze into your eyes for a few seconds longer?
Wear something that makes you feel beautiful and confident. Wear something that makes you irresistible to your love. Wear your favorite or wear his favorite!
Start primping on February 13
Prepare your body for this romantic holiday the day before. Exfoliate your lips and skin, and moisturize your body. Then on Valentine’s Day stick with a simple hairstyle, an alluring perfume, and your favorite outfit and makeup look.
Happy Lovers Day!