1. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, rice crispy cereal and shredded coconut. Set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. After the butter is melted, add the brown sugar, honey and salt and mix together. Turn the heat up to medium high to get a good roiling boil. Let the mixture boil for 2 1/2 minutes. Keep a close eye on it and make sure it doesn't boil over. Otherwise, don't stir it. Just let it do its thing.
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
4. Pour the butter mixture over your dry oats mixture and mix well.
5. If you're adding any kind of chocolate chips or peanut butter chips, let the mixture cool before you add them or else they'll melt. After it's cooled stir in the chips.
6. Spread the granola mixture out on a cookie sheet and place it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Then take it out and break it into chunks.
7. For parfaits, scoop some vanilla yogurt in a bowl and top with the granola. You can also layer yogurt, granola, yogurt, granola. Eat and enjoy!
8. Store the granola in an air tight container.