Smoked Sausage, Broccoli and Pasta Recipe
A fast, easy and delicious meal you can serve your family in under 30 minutes. The smoked sausage, broccoli and lemon flavors all compliment each other so well
Salt and Pepper
of Penne Pasta
heads of broccoli
cut into florets (about 4 cups)
extra virgin olive oil
Tbps lemon zest
plus 1 Tbsp lemon juice (add more if desired)
Grated Parmesan or an Italian cheese blend
1. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
2. In the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli florets and cook until bright green and tender. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water for sauce.
3. While pasta is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
4. Cook smoked sausage in a skillet until both sides are browned. Add the garlic mixture and cook for about 1 minute. Do not let the garlic burn! Remove from heat.
5. Drain pasta and broccoli when it's done. Don't forget to reserve that cup of pasta water!
6. Add pasta and broccoli to the sausage in the skillet. Pour over the pasta water and stir everything together.
7. Serve with grated Parmesan or a blend of Italian cheeses.
Adapted from Emeril's Rigatoni with Broccoli and Sausage