This pepper, broccoli, and whole mushroom stir fry recipe is so incredibly easy and full of amazing flavors. Whether it’s meatless Monday or you’re making dinner for a house full of vegetarians, this is a crowd-pleaser!
- Brown rice (cooked)
- 1 small container of mushrooms
- Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (sliced)
- 1 head of broccoli (cut into bite size pieces)
- Green onions & toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 1. Cut little stars out of the tops of the mushrooms. Marinate the mushrooms in the Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade for about an hour, if desired. It infuses the mushrooms with major flavor. If you don’t have time, marinate while the rice is cooking.
- 2. Cook the rice.
- 3. While the rice is cooking, slice the bell peppers and cut up the broccoli into bite size pieces.
- 4. During the last 15 minutes of the rice cooking time, heat a Tablespoon of oil in a skillet. Take the mushrooms out of the marinade and place them in the heated oil. Cook for about 5 minutes, turning the mushrooms.
- 5. Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and set aside. Add a little more oil if necessary. Add the peppers and broccoli and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the peppers start to get a little soft. Add the mushrooms back to the skillet and pour some Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade over the vegetables to coat. Put the lid on and cook for another 5 minutes. The broccoli should turn a bright green and still be a bit crisp.
- 6. Fill a bowl with rice and top it with a row of mushrooms, peppers and broccoli. Garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds, if desired. Eat (with chopsticks of course) and enjoy!