This warm caramel apple crisp just screams fall. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you have one winner of a dessert for your family and guests.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 pounds I used 4 large apples apples, such as Gala or Braeburn
- caramel topping
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Step one: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease the ramekins.I used 6 ramekins for this recipe. Put the ramekins on a cookie sheet to bake.
- Step two: Prepare the topping by combining the oats, brown sugar, salt and melted unsalted butter.
- Step three: Peel, core and cut into chunks the apples. I use Braeburn apples because in my experience they have cooked the best in a crisp. I also cut up the apples smaller for this recipe since I was baking them in ramekins. For a regular apple crisp in an 8×8, I cut them into slices.
- Step four: Combine the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Step five: Spoon the apple mixture into the greased ramekins.
- Step six: Drizzle some caramel topping over the apples.
- Step seven: Spoon the oat topping over the apples and caramel.
- Step eight: Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 – 35 minutes
- Step seven: Serve with ice cream and a drizzle of caramel topping.